Friday, February 26, 2021

AYOOO PEER REVIEW

Hi again people that like my point of view. Today in class, we were put in breakout rooms to talk about our projects and bounce ideas from each other. I talked about what I have thought about my project. To be honest, it actually helped me a lot. Having people’s point of view was actually very useful since I’m doing the whole portfolio alone. The people who were in my break out room suggested I do a voice over since it is pretty common for my genre, coming-of-age. I was very skeptical about it because just before class I saw an example that happened to have a voice over that was absolutely terrible. I remember it was Isabella to told me that if I happened to do it, I had to have a really strong writing for it to not be stupid. In addition, When I gave the idea for the film opening out, Maya told me to check out an anime called Saiki K. She told me it will be good for the development of my character since the premise of it has some similarities with it.


Also, after the group meeting that we had, I started to look for some film openings that were kind of related to my genre. The first I saw was the one from Chronicle, which happened to be awful. For a moment I thought of making my opening with a 1st person POV shot as if the character was blogging or something… until I saw this. It was trash and took all my desire for doing a 1st person POV shot. After that one I saw Love Simon’s film opening. This one had a voice over with it, it was also terrible. This dragged me down again from doing a voice over. At last, I watched Moonlight’s film opening, which I did not really understand how it set the tone for the plot. Because of this, I just kept watching the film, which I think was impressive, just as Ms. Stoklosa said; however, I still did not understand why she called it a piece of art… until I watched a video essay about it. I understood it after that. Because of that video, I totally understood the opening and how it described Juan as a character.


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LAST DANCE: My Creative Reflection

 This is my last blog post ever (I think) about the portfolio project with the amazing band we found, Pluto, and my dawgs Ana and Lander. It...