Saturday, February 13, 2021

A new project, a new beginning

Hello people! Once again, Gerardo here, bringing my point of view to the table. Basically, this week, Ms. Stoklosa introduced us to our portfolio project in class, and to be honest, I’m genuinely scared… Well, not really, but I’m a bit worried about what I am going to make for this project. Since the project was announced, the only thought that has been in my head has been “what genre am I going to do?”. The genres that I am thinking about doing are drama, and a combination coming of age and comedy. This has me very concerned since I know I need to start planning as soon as possible.


For the coming of age I’m thinking about making the story about two friends who literally have nothing in common in their senior year trying to get by their last year in highschool. While everything in their senior year is happening, they encounter many problems that young men can face in life. This movie will take inspirations from films like Big Time Adolescence, Perks of Being a Wallflower, King of Staten Island, and American Graffiti. This is probably the genre that I will be making for my Cambridge Portfolio since due to the fact that it is the genre which I enjoy the most and I’d say understand the most since I’m at the “coming of age” age.


In addition, for this project I am still thinking about if I should do it alone or in a group. A thought that is resounding on my head due to the pros and cons of each. If I do it alone, of course, it would be a lot more work, yet, I would not have to depend on anyone else in order to keep up progressing. Also, if I do it by myself, I might be able to finish the project even before the due date; however, if I do it alone, I will not have the criticism and point of view of my group partner, which might make me change my perspective for important things out of my final product. Anyways, this is something that I really have to think through by this Tuesday since it is the day we are deciding if we are doing the project alone or in a group.


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LAST DANCE: My Creative Reflection

 This is my last blog post ever (I think) about the portfolio project with the amazing band we found, Pluto, and my dawgs Ana and Lander. It...